In this tech-savvy world, survival of the fastest has become the latest transformation. The same goes for your online business. The way your website performs is directly related to the conversion of visitors into customers. The researches have proved that most of the bounce rates occur if it takes more than 2 seconds to load the website. Visitors who leave the website never return back because of the poor performance.
Google, on the other hand gives preferences to websites that meet the AMP requisites. Now, you must be wondering what AMP is actually about? Right?
So, let’s get started
What is AMP
AMP or Accelerated Mobile Pages is an open source project launched by Google to offer better and quick experience to users on mobile. The biggest advantage of integrating AMP pages in a Drupal website is to rank better on Google. This framework is created for developers to create quick loading pages with static content. This works via the diet version of the content, i.e. cached by Google. Whenever the pages are accessed on mobile, diet version of content is used to enhance the loading speed.
Drupal is a CMS that has gained a strong reputation amongst the realm of CMS’s. AMP plays an important role in boosting up the performance of Drupal websites. With the advantages like better Google ranking and quick page loading, Drupal’s accelerated mobile pages are generating expected revenue than ever.
AMP loads about twice as quick as normal comparable mobile page. It is made to offer the fastest experience for mobile users. AMP plays a key role in sending more traffic your way.
AMP for Drupal
Let’s take a look at AMP for Drupal and get a brief overview of its implementation on the CMS.
Drupal features a module for integrating AMP. You just need to download the module named AMP module and install it on your website.
Go to admin/config/content/amp to access the AMP configuration page. Now, the type of content for which AMP is enabled can be configured. AMP is best made for website pages that are content loaded. When it comes to Drupal, content heavy web pages include blog posts and articles.
For enabling AMP for the content type you wish to, click “Enable AMP in Custom Display Settings”. This should be done for the content type you wish to enable AMP for. Next, click on “Custom Display Settings”, click on the AMP checkbox and go to “Save”.
To select the fields that are required to be saved, click on “Configure AMP view mode”. Some fields that you should format to AMP field formatters are, Body, Images, iFrames, Videos and so on.
This includes the main settings and configuration of AMP for Drupal website.
Once the AMP module is configured, the next step is selecting a theme for AMP pages. AMP theme modifies the markup outside the main content area of the page.
AMP theme also allows you to craft custom styles for AMP pages. On the maim AMP config page, ensure that the setting for AMP theme is set to the ExAMPle Subtheme or the custom AMP subtheme that you created.
The exAMPle theme helps in quick and easy testing of AMP pages. The module makes implementation of AMP on Drupal a very simple and uncluttered process.
How Does AMP Work
AMP comprises 3 basic parts:
- AMP HTML: It is a subset of HTML. It comes with some custom tags and properties along with many restrictions. If you are well-versed about the regular HTML, you will not have any difficulty in adapting the existing pages to AMP HTML.
- AMP CDN: This takes AMP-enabled pages, cache them and automatically make performance optimization.
Now that you have understood the primary elements of AMP pages, you can start implementing them in your website.
How Is AMP Advantageous For SEO?
AMP pages enhance the mobile experience for users. It can also be highly beneficial to marketing and SEO.
- The biggest advantage AMP pages offer to SEO is giving them priority above-the-fold on mobile searches. Being featured on AMP results in greater attention.
- Loading speed is also a great factor in SERP ranking. Your average mobile users will not wait for more than 6 seconds for a website page to get loaded. Therefore, the quick your page gets loaded, the higher you will rank and similarly the more content will get viewed.
- AMP content will also reduce bounce rates. A lower bounce rate validates clearly that your website pages are giving audiences the required information they are looking for.
- AMP results are clearly displayed in green. The presence of these symbols could result into an increased CTR. These pages stand out in the searches for users and they start looking for more AMP pages as they see a quick loading time.
- AMP also supports a wide array of ad networks, format and technologies. The only objective behind that is to deliver ads that are quick while allowing the content to look great and attract viewer’s attention. This helps advertisers to multiply their influence and ROI on ad spend.
With the advantages given above, AMP seems to be the easiest ways to help businesses improve their performances on mobile searches. Google has also given priority to web pages that rank higher because they augment the user experience. They are designed in such a way that you do not have to scroll them vertically. This is what gives them a higher ranking on mobile searches.
So, what are you waiting for next? Install AMP on your Drupal website and give your readers one more reason to love your services. Also, let us know how it works for your business in the comments below.